How it Works
- 11:30-11:50am - Check-in
- 11:50-12:20pm - Info Session Rotation #1
- 12:30-1pm - Info Session Rotation #2
- 1-1:15pm - Break
- 1:15-3pm - 10 minute 1:1s, by appointment only
After checking in via Zoom, students will have the opportunity to attend two info sessions. This will be a time for students to learn more about the company, open roles, and ask any questions. The career fair will conclude with 10-minute 1:1 sessions for students and company representatives to meet.
Students will be notified of their placements for info sessions and 1:1 sessions 2-3 days before the event. We cannot guarantee every student a 1:1 session, but we will do our best to match students with info sessions based on their stated preferences on the registration form.
The UCSB Data Science Career Fair provides a space for UCSB students to connect with employers hiring for internship an new graduate positions. The fair is recommended for all students interested in data science and related fields. Students of all majors and grade levels are welcome to attend the event.
The event will be entirely FREE for students to attend, however, priority registration will be given to 2022-23 Data Science UCSB members. You can sign up for a year-long membership ($20) at our kickoff on 9/27. Kickoff will be at CHEM 1179 from 7-9pm.
Tips for Students
- Get your resume reviewed at our workshop on 9/28 from 5-7pm. Zoom Link
- Think of questions specific to companies and positions of interest.
- Create an elevator pitch about yourself for introductions.
- Choose a quiet, distraction free location and show up on time.
- Dress in appropriate business casual attire.
Registration ends Monday, October 3rd at 10am. Resume submissions will close on Friday, September 30th at 1:00 PM.
Our virtual career fair will give firms the opportunity to meet data science students in a one-stop environment, increase brand awareness among job seekers, students, staff, and even other employers, and to network with other candidates and corporations.
- Access many candidates at once - 10 time slots per representative for 1:1 sessions
- Brand awareness - develop your company’s reputation among UCSB students
- Targeted data science candidates
- Face to face interaction - meet the person behind the resume
- Avoid travel costs by meeting students virtually
- Candidate follow-up is easy - access to student contact sheet after the fair
- Access to resume booklet with all potential candidates at the fair
Registration fee (per company): $100